We are pleased to announce the launch of a new and improved version of Emap.
Emap is a map-centric property research tool that lets businesses integrate and overlay their own data with CoreLogic’s geographic, land and property data, enabling the visualisation of complex information to create real insight. Powered by NZ Master Map, the same location data that is trusted by the Emergency Services, Emap is used across a range of industries, including insurance, utilities, legal and government.
The previous version of Emap was Flash-based, and with web browser support for Flash ending in at the end of 2020 a rebuild of the product was necessary. At the same time CoreLogic took the opportunity to streamline selected features, enhance others, and introduce new functionality that had been requested by customers.
The release was the result of many months of work by CoreLogic teams in both New Zealand and Australia. The focus throughout was on creating a great experience for Emap users; their feedback was gathered via a survey prior to starting and through user testing as development progressed, users were kept informed with regular communication and customer conversations, and live interactive webinar sessions were available to walk them through the updated platform once it was launched.
These efforts have paid off and feedback has been positive, with users saying that they find the features “a lot more user friendly and clear”, that the new interface looks “a lot sharper/cleaner” and that they are “pretty confident that users will find this version of Emap much better!”
The new version of Emap includes the following new and updated features:
- Customisable ‘Add your data’ features: change the colour, transparency and number of points / polygons you can add
- New and improved draw and measure tools
- Last sale price visible along with Last Sale Date in the property labels overlay options
- Bigger, easier to read results box
- Intuitive, modernized web interface with updated Basemaps and easier to access Hybrid layer
- Easements layer and Memorial Details available to all Advanced users