The latest research from Auckland Cityscope shows that property sales value have decreased over the past three months.
In the three months to August 2020, there were 22 sales for a total of $57.7 million, as compared to the 27 sales for a total of $539 million recorded for the three months to May 2020 (which was largely contributed from the $330 million sale of development under construction at 136-142 Fanshawe Street. The latest data brings the total sales for the 12 months to $1.167 billion, an increase from the $976.1 million in sales recorded to the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Auckland Cityscope:
Notable sales in August 2020 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 141-145 Hobson Street, Auckland Central, a two-storey building of 1,565 sqm with basement and outside parking for 50 cars, was refurbished in 2005. The property on a 1,783 sqm block was sold for $11.5 million through Colliers International;
- 149-151 Beach Road, Auckland Central, a 3-storey building with retail space on the ground floor and parking for 19 vehicles at first floor level to the rear and gross floor area 2,900 sqm. The property on a 1,032 sqm block was sold for $10 million; and
- 38-40 Forte Street, Auckland Central, the former backpackers hotel known as Fat Camel currently being redeveloped as a 65-room five-star hotel with street-front restaurant, was bought as a development site for $6 million in a deal brokered by Barfoot & Thompson City Commercial.
Properties listed as for sale in the August 2020 of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 105 Vincent Street, Auckland Central, a 2-storey building built circa 1950 with a gross floor area 435 sqm on a 536 sqm site, which is for sale as a development site through Colliers International NZ;
- 115 Beach Road, Auckland Central, a 293 sqm single-storey building built in the 1950s with small mezzanine floor on a 319 sqm site, which is for sale through Barfoot & Thompson City Commercial;
- 17 South Street, Newton, an office building of three levels including basement parking for 13 cars, completed in 1986 on a 449 sqm site, which is for sale through JLL Auckland and
- Unit C known as 51C Hobson Street, Auckland Central, a ground floor retail space of 133 sqm, which is for sale through Colliers International.
Leasing opportunities in the August 2020 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 185 Fanshawe Street, Auckland Central, part of the VXV Precinct, a 6-storey office building with total area of 10,500 sqm, completed in 2005, which has office space ranging from 845 sqm to 5,000 sqm available for lease through Colliers International NZ;
- 48 Greys Avenue, Auckland Central, a building of 7 storeys plus two basement levels for 48 cars and external parking for 2 cars, completed in 1976. The building with a gross floor area 8,090 sqm was refurbished in 2009 and has office suites ranging from 62 to 116 sqm on level 3 and full to part floors ranging from 223 sqm on ground floor, 895 sqm on levels 2, 4 & 5 and 150 sqm on level 6 available for lease through Savills New Zealand; and
- Anzac Court at 45 Anzac Avenue, Auckland Central, a five-storey building with seven car spaces and building area of 1,275 sqm, was refurbished in early 2008, which has office space on levels 1, 2, 3 and 4 for lease through Barfoot & Thompson City Commercial.