The latest research from Auckland Cityscope shows that property sales have significantly increased over the past three months.
In the three months to August 2018, there were 52 sales for a total of $1.1 billion, as compared with 37 sales for a total of $342 million recorded for the three months to May 2018, and with the 45 sales at a total of $330.2 million recorded for the three months to February 2018.
The latest data brings the total sales for the 12 months to $2.144 billion, an increase from the $908.3 million in sales recorded to the same time last year.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Auckland Cityscope:
Notable sales in August 2018 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- The leasehold of the Viaduct Corporate Centre, comprising 85 Fanshawe Street, Auckland Central, a six storey office building with basement parking for 262 cars; the Microsoft Building at 22 Viaduct Harbour Avenue, Auckland Central, a six-storey reinforced concrete building with five commercial upper levels, nine retail units on the ground and two basement levels of parking for 158 cars and the KPMG Centre at 71-79 Fanshawe Street, Auckland Central, a campus-style five-storey office building with a gross floor area of 8,452 sqm and a net lettable office are of 8,023 sqm, underground parking for 83 cars and a basement truck dock, which were sold together for $635 million;
- A 50% interest in the ANZ Centre at 23-29 Albert Street, Auckland Central, a 42-level reinforced concrete tower comprising one retail level, five basement parking levels for 467 cars, four plant levels and 32 office levels, which was sold for $181 million; and
- Spark City Building C at 167-191 Victoria Street West, Auckland Central, a six-storey building with ground floor retail space and two levels basement parking for 76 cars, providing a net lettable area of 7,495 sqm, which was sold for $77million.
Properties listed as for sale in the August 2018 of Auckland Cityscope include:
- Unit A in Hanover Finance Building at 2 Kitchener Street, Auckland Central, a 1,250 sqm retail space comprising lower ground and basement level, for sale through Colliers International;
- 268 Karangahape Road, Newton, a 2-storey plus basement building, built circa 1930, with a five-room apartment for short-stay accommodation on level 1, for sale through Colliers International; and
- 85 Grafton Road, Grafton, a 4-storey office building comprising three levels of office space and 16 car parking spaces in basement parking with a net lettable area of 404 sqm, for sale through Colliers International.
Leasing opportunities in the August 2018 update of Auckland Cityscope include:
- 8 Nelson Street, Auckland Central, a 9-level office building with a net lettable area of 7,979 sqm and on-site parking for 40 vehicles, which has office space ranging from 500 to 1,049 sqm available through Bayleys Auckland Central;
- Servilles at 131 Queen Street, Auckland Central, an office building of 8 storeys plus basement and on-site parking on the ground and basement levels, which has office space of 1,200 on level 3 available through Barfoot & Thompson City Commercial and
- 10-14 Lorne Street, Auckland Central, a 10-storey office building with ground floor retail and a distinctive sloping facade above the third level, which has office space ranging from 400 to 2,200 sqm available through Barfoot & Thompson City Commercial.
Cityscope covers 28 CBD markets across New Zealand and Australia, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 0800 355 355 or visit the website at www.corelogic.co.nz/products/cityscope.