News & Research
Jan - Feb 2017 Monthly Property Market & Economic Update now available27 January 2017
This monthly report created by the CoreLogic NZ Research Team covers the main economic factors that influence the housing market, and then looks at sales volumes, values, and active buyer types in both the national and main centre housing markets.
Some highlights of the January - February 2017 report:
- The population continues to grow quickly, fuelled by persistent high net migration.
- Building consents for new dwellings are still trending up, especially in Auckland, but it still takes time for these to be built so the shortage in housing remains
- Consumer confidence is up, helped by excellent employment conditions and low interest rates
- Nationwide values have slowed as sales volumes and market demand have dropped, in part because of the new lending restrictions imposed late last year by the Reserve Bank.
- Auckland and Hamilton values dropped in the latest month, while Wellington slowed. Dunedin continued to rise.
- Investor activity has eased slightly in Auckland, while first home buyers are strong in many cities, back to 2013 levels.
To download the full report click here.